My Approach to Your WellnessI transformed my large chaotic Primary Care and Internal Medicine practice into a smaller relaxed “Patient-Centric” MDVIP practice. This aligns with my belief that a strong doctor-patient relationship is key to optimum health and wellness. The smaller personal care practice enables flexible and adequate time to focus and identify the myriad of complicated patient and family concerns during times of illness as well as addressing ongoing care and prevention.
My passion for primary care internal medicine is to provide the time to educate and implement realistic plans for prevention, wellness, anti-aging, nutrition, obesity bariatric and geriatric elder care as per health needs. My careful integration of holistic integrated medicine mind body techniques, combined with the latest in conventional medical advances, is only possible in a non-rushed personal care model. I do not employ “physician extenders” as I believe my patients have the right to see their doctor! The smaller, more-personalized MDVIP practice is the blending of advanced technology with conventional medical wisdom.
My practice is affiliated with North Shore Hospital Manhasset and New York Hospital Queens. I see patients from the entire New York Metropolitan area and Long Island. The majority of patients reside in North East Queens and the North Shore of Long Island encompassing Bayside, Flushing, Douglaston, Great Neck, Manhasset, and Roslyn.
I hope you will grant me the privilege to be your personal care physician so I can help you achieve optimum wellness.
- 1000 Northern Boulevard, Suite 340
- Great Neck, NY 11021
- Pace University
- New York, NY
- Bachelor of Science, Pre-Med 1969
- Medical School
- Free University of Brussels
- Brussels, Belgium
- Doctorate of Medicine 1976
- Booth Memorial Hospital
- Flushing, NY
- Booth Memorial Medical Center
- Flushing, NY
- Internal Medicine 1976-1979
- Chief Resident 1979
- New York
Professional Society Memberships
- American Medical Association
- American Geriatrics Society
- Queens Medical Society
Professional Affiliations and Appointments
- New York Hospital Queens
- - Physician, Internal Medicine 1979-present
- - Employee Health 1979-1981
- Physician, Internal Medicine, North Shore University Hospital 1996-present
- Geriatric Physician, Union Plaza Nursing Home 1997-present
- New York Hospital Queens, North Shore Hospital Manhasset
Honors and Awards
- Patients Choice Award 2009
- America’s Top Physicians 2004-2005
- Dr. Lowell's Fat Percent Finder, Putnam Press 1994
- Body Signals: A Guide To Mid Life Health Symptoms & What They Mean, Harper Collins 1995
- Interpretation of Body Mass Index in Morbid Obesity, International Journal of Obesity 1990
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Geriatric Medicine
- Anti-Aging Medicine
i am very pleased with the personal care,attention to my health
Dr. Lowell has been my parents' physician and mine forever . I have recommended him to anyone who needs a caring, competent doctor...
He's the best. Every doctor should have his caring and good advise.
I have been a patient of Dr. Bruce Lowell for about 3 years. When I started to see him my diabetes was extremely high. Dr Lowell h...