My Philosophy and Approach to Wellness...
I am a family medicine physician with a lifelong interest in preventive medicine and holistic care. Through my participation in MDVIP’s unique program of personalized healthcare, sometimes referred to as concierge care, I have been able to take the time needed to help my patients identify and achieve their goals in order to enjoy improved health. My education and experience have shown me that true healing requires a genuine doctor-patient relationship based on mutual understanding and trust. My patients and I also have the time to focus on more than their immediate needs and chronic conditions; we emphasize prevention and wellness and address key areas, like cardiovascular health, hypertension, diabetes prevention, nutrition, fitness and emotional well-being.
I have served the Larchmont, Westchester County community for over 28 years. In my MDVIP-affiliated primary care practice, patients can schedule same-day appointments, and I can make house calls for those who cannot get to my office. I am affiliated with Greenwich Hospital in Connecticut and Montefiore New Rochelle in New York. I am fluent in English, French and Spanish with working knowledge of Italian and German. I look forward to working with you and for you.
- University of Rochester
- Rochester, NY
- Bachelor of Arts 1974
- Medical School
- University of St. Etienne
- St. Etienne, France
- Doctorate of Medicine 1980
- South Nassau Communities Hospital, Affiliate SUNY Stony Brook
- Oceanside, NY
- Family Practice 1980-1983
- Sound Shore Medical Center of Westchester: Chief, Division of Family Medicine 1995-present
Professional Affiliations and Appointments
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Family Medicine, SUNY Stony Brook 1983-1989
- Clinical Instructor, SUNY Syracuse School of Medicine 1986-1989
- Clinical Instructor, NY Medical College 1989-present
- Medical Volunteering in Nepal
- French- fluent
- Spanish- fluent
- Italian & German- working knowledge
- Nepalese- limited working knowledge
CertificationsAmerican Board of Family Practice
Dr. Heinegg is, above all, caring. He is responsive, generous with his time, and always has a positive attitude. He helps me under...
Dr. Phil is a fine human being who is a blessing to all who interact with him. He possesses the qualities attributed to what we wo...
Philip is caring,gentle and responsive to all of our needs. He is a very spiritual person. He is there when you need him at any ti...
Philip Heinegg is the best! He is everything anyone would want in their doctor. I met him, twenty-five years ago, when he was taki...