My Philosophy and Approach to Wellness...Doctors should treat patients, not just their insurance companies. The current system encourages doctors to see a large volume of patients in the shortest possible time which is incompatible with practicing personalized health care.
Diagnosis and outcomes are better when patients are allowed to describe their concerns in an unhurried, nonjudgmental environment, in adequate detail which will allow the diagnosis to reveal itself. My affiliation with MDVIP allows me the ability to spend the time necessary to make a sound diagnosis based on adequate information.
The best physicians are those who teach their patients how to remain well, rather than waiting for illness to manifest and then treat it with all the “magic bullets” at their disposal. This approach has made medical care economically unsustainable. In my MDVIP-affiliated practice, you will receive the time, attention and personalized care you deserve.
- Lewis and Clark College
- Portland, OR
- Bachelor of Science, Natural Science 1975
- Cum Laude
- Medical School
- Far Eastern University
- Manila, Philippines
- Doctorate of Medicine 1980
- University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Rutgers Medical School
- New Brunswick, NJ
- Internal Medicine 1981-1983
- New Jersey
Professional Society Memberships
- New Jersey Medical Society
Professional Affiliations and Appointments
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Rutgers Medical School 1986-present
- Clinical Faculty, Department of Healthcare Sciences, Monmouth University 2016-present
- Senior Attending Physician, Department of Medicine, University Medical Center at Princeton 2010-present
- Editor in Chief, Internal Medicine Review 2014-2016
- Internal Medical Director, Blake Addiction Recovery Unit, Carrier Foundation 1986-1996
- Chairman, Physicians Health Committee, New Jersey Medical Society 1988-1989
- University Physician, Princeton University 1988-1993
- University Medical Center at Princeton, Affiliate of University of Pennsylvania
Honors and Awards
- Top Doctor, Castle Connolly, New York Metro Area 2003-2017
- Top Physician, Inside New Jersey 2011-2017
- Patients' Choice Awards 2008-2016
- America's Top Physicians 2012-2013
- Consumer Research Council of America, Guide to America's Best Physicians 2009, 2011
- Excellence in Women's Health Award, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Rutgers Medical School 1989
- Pfizer, Glaxo, Eli Lilly, Novartis, Merck & Co
- Writing, reading, travelling, surfing, squash, technology, medical economics and innovation
CertificationsDiplomate, American Board of Internal Medicine
Thanks for your friendship and care.
Unlike any Dr. I'd worked with in the past, Dr. Murray has been most interested in accommodating in helping me to manage my health...
I have been a patient of Dr. Murray's for over 30 years. Each year he gives me a thorough physical examination. These have revea...
Dr. Murray has an uncanny way of finding out what's truly wrong with me, and gives me remedies that actually work. I have to than...