My Philosophy and Approach to Wellness...I have had the honor of being a physician for more than 25 years. My approach to caring for patients has been to do the best possible job for each and every patient treating them as if they were a family member. My practice, due to its smaller size, allows me to individualize patient care. It is so important to take the time to listen to patients as the clues we hear guide us in being able to make the correct diagnosis. I strive to work on prevention and early detection to achieve the best possible outcome. My dedication to medicine has earned me the title of "the doctor's doctor".
- University of Virginia
- Charlottesville, VA
- Bachelor of Arts, Biology 1977
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Alpha Epsilon Delta
- Phi Sigma Kappa
- Alpha Epsilon Pi
- Medical School
- The Medical College of Virginia
- Richmond, VA
- Doctorate of Medicine 1981
- University of Massachusetts Medical Center
- Worcester, MA
- Internal Medicine 1981-1984
Professional Affiliations and Appointments
- Preceptor, Medical Students, University of South Florida School of Medicine
- Voluntary Faculty, South Florida College of Medicine
- Former Vice Chief, Department of Internal Medicine, University Community Hospital
- University Community Hospital
- St. Joseph's Hospital
Honors and Awards
- Best Doctors in America® 2001-2014
- Diplomate, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Diplomate, National Board of Medical Examiners
Member: Paul & MaryAnn
We have been cared for by Dr. Kahan for many years. He is most compassionate, caring and attentive to our health. We could not b...
We met in 1988 when my late husband first saw you. You have been my doctor every since then and I cannot put in the perfect words ...
I find Dr. kHan so caring-even when he's not the admitting doctor to a hospital, he stiill follows your progress either through th...
Dr Kahan is a rare & special person. My wife & I have been patients of his for over 25 years. His concern for his patients is ob...