My Philosophy and Approach to Wellness...I transformed my large, busy medical practice into a smaller, relaxed patient-centric internal medicine office, similar to a concierge practice. My personalized healthcare approach aligns with my belief that a strong doctor-patient relationship is key to optimum health and wellness. I have adequate time to focus completely on my patients, identifying the myriad of complicated concerns during times of illness, as well as addressing ongoing care and prevention.
My passion for primary care requires the time to educate and implement attainable customized treatment plans for prevention, wellness, anti-aging, nutrition, obesity, bariatric and geriatric medicine and elder care. My careful attention to integrated medicine, such as mind and body techniques, combined with the latest in conventional medical advances, is only possible in an unrushed personal care model. Having a private doctor and advocate is key to achieving goals and enjoying a healthy life.
My office is in Great Neck, New York, and I am affiliated with North Shore Hospital Manhasset and New York Hospital Queens. I see patients from the entire New York metropolitan area and Long Island. The majority of patients reside in North East Queens and the North Shore of Long Island, encompassing Bayside, Flushing, Douglaston, Great Neck, Manhasset, and Roslyn.
- Pace University
- New York, NY
- Bachelor of Science, Pre-Med 1969
- Medical School
- Free University of Brussels
- Brussels, Belgium
- Doctorate of Medicine 1976
- Booth Memorial Hospital
- Flushing, NY
- Booth Memorial Medical Center
- Flushing, NY
- Internal Medicine 1976-1979
- Chief Resident 1979
- New York
Professional Society Memberships
- American Medical Association
- American Geriatrics Society
- Queens Medical Society
Professional Affiliations and Appointments
- New York Hospital Queens
- - Physician, Internal Medicine 1979-present
- - Employee Health 1979-1981
- Physician, Internal Medicine, North Shore University Hospital 1996-present
- Geriatric Physician, Union Plaza Nursing Home 1997-present
- New York Hospital Queens, North Shore Hospital Manhasset
Honors and Awards
- Patients Choice Award 2009
- America’s Top Physicians 2004-2005
- Dr. Lowell's Fat Percent Finder, Putnam Press 1994
- Body Signals: A Guide To Mid Life Health Symptoms & What They Mean, Harper Collins 1995
- Interpretation of Body Mass Index in Morbid Obesity, International Journal of Obesity 1990
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Geriatric Medicine
- Anti-Aging Medicine
He invented holistic , and managed care light years before it became the standard. Both my husband and I could recount numerous ...
Dr Bruce Lowell is an excellent doctor. He is very kind, caring & compassionate. He goes out of his way for his patients, no matte...
i am very pleased with the personal care,attention to my health
Dr. Lowell has been my parents' physician and mine forever . I have recommended him to anyone who needs a caring, competent doctor...