My Philosophy and Approach to Wellness...
I believe that physician-patient relationships are grounded in mutual respect, compassion, and trust. I look at every patient visit as an exciting opportunity to listen, examine, and formulate a plan of treatment that is mutually agreed upon. With 25 years of experience as a board certified family physician, in practice with my husband, our personalized care practice, sometimes referred to as a concierge medical practice, will be unique. We can truly treat the different needs of each family member individually, while supporting and guiding the family as a whole. The emotional and physical health of the whole family is considered essential in the care of each patient.
I take both a holistic and systematic approach to treating patients with sometimes complex medical issues. My affiliation with MDVIP will enable me to continue to bring a high level of care to my patients, offering them the time necessary to adequately address their concerns.
Practicing in Hockessin, Delaware for many years has allowed me to develop relationships with specialists and other healthcare providers in our area. I intend to continue working with local specialists to coordinate quality care for my patient’s unique needs.
I am on staff at Christiana Care Hospital and Saint Francis Hospital. I have special interests in Women’s Health, musculoskeletal health and the brain/gut connection to optimal health and wellness.
- Mount Holyoke College
- South Hadley, MA
- Bachelor of Science, Biology 1984
- Magna Cum Laude
- Medical School
- Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Philadelphia, PA
- Doctorate of Osteopathic Medicine 1988
- Hospital of The Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, St. Agnes Hospital
- Philadelphia, PA
- Riverside Hospital
- Wilmington, DE
- Family Medicine 1989-1991
Professional Society Memberships
- American College of Osteopathic Physicians
- American Osteopathic Association
- Delaware State Osteopathic Medical Society
- Medical Society of Delaware
- New Castle County Medical Society
- Christiana Care Medical Center
- St. Francis Hospital