My Philosophy and Approach to Wellness...
I believe each patient should be provided with the same high level of personalized care that would be received if they had a doctor in their own family. This conviction has led me to establish a practice that always puts patients first. Bernards Family Practice has the same values as the neighborhood medical practices of my childhood in Brooklyn; where relationships and service were the highest priorities. These community values live on in my practice in Basking Ridge and are shared by my wife, Michele, who is also a physician.
My goal as your private doctor is to partner with you to create a personalized healthcare plan to effectively treat your current health problems and prevent new ones. We will work as a team to achieve your health goals and I will be there to assist you with making informed decisions towards achieving those goals. I want to be able to celebrate how well my patients are doing health-wise – it is rewarding as a physician.
Practicing good medicine requires spending quality time speaking with and examining the patient and ordering the most appropriate tests needed to help make a diagnosis in a timely manner. In my MDVIP-affiliated practice, I have more time to develop close relationships with my patients, carefully review records and perform comprehensive exams. The reality is that most diseases are curable, or at least manageable; it’s the age of detection and diagnosis that makes all of the difference.
Let’s work together to make a happy, healthy future your reality.
- Practice Opens: 02/28/2017
- 665 Martinsville Road, Suite 218
- Basking Ridge, NJ 07920
- St. Johns University
- Jamaica, NY
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science 1984
- Medical School
- New York College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Old Westbury, NY
- Doctorate of Osteopathic Medicine 1994
- Union Hospital
- Union, NJ
- Union Hospital
- Union, NJ
- Family Medicine 1995-1997
- New Jersey
Professional Society Memberships
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Osteopathic Association, Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- American Medical Directors Association
Professional Affiliations and Appointments
- Medical Director, Community Care Hospice and Visiting Nurse Association 2002-present
- Medical Director, Fellowship Village Senior Living 2009-2016
- Medical Director, Garden Terrace Nursing Home 2010-present
- Vice President, Primary Care Partners 2011-present
- Advisory Board, Morristown Medical Center August, 2016-present
- Finance Committee, Atlantic Health Systems March, 2016 -present
- Morristown Medical Center
- Overlook Medical Center
- American Osteopathic Board of Family Physicians
- American Board of Family Medicine
- American Board of Family Medicine, Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- American Board of Post Acute Care and Long Term Medicine
- Certified Medical Director
- Developing Business Acumen, Health Care Executives Program Certificate, Wharton School of Business