My Philosophy and Approach to Wellness...My philosophy is to always put my patients first, provide physical and emotional comfort and strive for the best care possible through listening and educating.
I treat my patients in the manner I desire to be treated, and I will continue to guide them through the complexity of today's healthcare system. I believe each patient is a complex individual with his/her own unique biopsychosocial components. I care about how my patients feel, how they want to be treated, how they live and how life has effected them. I am able to take the necessary amount of time with my patients to address all of their concerns and answer all their questions inside and outside of the office.
- State University of New York at Albany
- Albany, NY
- Bachelor of Science, Mathematics and Biology 1973
- Medical School
- Albany Medical College of Union University
- Albany, NY
- Doctorate of Medicine, Graduated with Honors 1978
- Temple University Hospital
- Philadelphia, PA
- Internal Medicine 1978-1981
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Baltimore, MD
- Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine 1981-1983
- Suburban Hospital
- Shady Grove Hospital
- Montgomery General Hospital
- Endotracheal Tube Replacement Obturator, Patent 1990
- Releasable Touch Fastener, Patent 2002
- Slit Needle Catheter Drainage System, Patent pending
Honors and Awards
- F.C.C.P. by American College of Chest Physicians 1985
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine, Georgetown University School of Medicine 1987-current
- Washingtonian Top Doctor 2010
- National Board of Medical Examiners
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Critical Care Medicine
After having had a great doctor for many years, but having much difficulty in speaking personally with that doctor on a short noti...
I had a wonderful career at the National Institutes of Health. I am a retired Microbiologist and specialized in development of an...
Member: Sandra Richard
In honor of National Doctors' Day, MDVIP has given your patients the opportunity to let you know how much you mean to us and how m...
Member: Josh and Norma
Josh and I moved to Maryland about 4 years ago. We feel fortunate that we were referred to Dr. Mizus. He is very caring and know...