My Philosophy and Approach to Wellness...My philosophy is to always put my patients first, provide physical and emotional comfort and strive for the best care possible through listening and educating.
I treat my patients in the manner I desire to be treated, and I will continue to guide them through the complexity of today's healthcare system. I believe each patient is a complex individual with his/her own unique biopsychosocial components. I care about how my patients feel, how they want to be treated, how they live and how life has effected them. I am able to take the necessary amount of time with my patients to address all of their concerns and answer all their questions inside and outside of the office.
- State University of New York at Albany
- Albany, NY
- Bachelor of Science, Mathematics and Biology 1973
- Medical School
- Albany Medical College of Union University
- Albany, NY
- Doctorate of Medicine, Graduated with Honors 1978
- Temple University Hospital
- Philadelphia, PA
- Internal Medicine 1978-1981
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Baltimore, MD
- Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine 1981-1983
- Suburban Hospital
- Shady Grove Hospital
- Montgomery General Hospital
- Endotracheal Tube Replacement Obturator, Patent 1990
- Releasable Touch Fastener, Patent 2002
- Slit Needle Catheter Drainage System, Patent pending
Honors and Awards
- F.C.C.P. by American College of Chest Physicians 1985
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine, Georgetown University School of Medicine 1987-current
- Washingtonian Top Doctor 2010
- National Board of Medical Examiners
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Critical Care Medicine
Member: Sandra Richard
In honor of National Doctors' Day, MDVIP has given your patients the opportunity to let you know how much you mean to us and how m...
Member: Josh and Norma
Josh and I moved to Maryland about 4 years ago. We feel fortunate that we were referred to Dr. Mizus. He is very caring and know...
Member: Lee and Carolyn
We chose Dr. Mizus years ago because we knew he was an outstanding doctor and we wanted to keep him. Since MDVIP, he has helped u...
I've enjoyed seeing Dr. Mizus because he takes the time to discuss technical issues with me, including anatomy, physiology, etc. ...