My Philosophy and Approach to Wellness...
When I was a young boy living in rural West Texas, I had the opportunity to watch my uncle, Dr. Vaught, treat and care for all the locals. At times his patients could not afford to pay for his services, so chickens, eggs, produce from their farms and sometimes livestock were given for his services. The lack of money did not concern my uncle because he had a burning passion and desire to help people. Watching my uncle and my aunt, as his nurse, working side by side as a team treating people, giving them back their health, and seeing their love of medicine and people, sparked my desire to become a doctor. I wanted to be like my uncle and provide more than just knowledge that is taught in medical school but to be able to give unselfishly to others.
Unfortunately today’s healthcare environment no longer allows doctors the luxury of time to truly get to know our patients, thus hindering our ability to develop real relationships. I want to be “your” doctor again! As an MDVIP-affiliated physician, I will have more time to develop close relationships with my patients. We can work as a team and formulate a wellness plan that will help you achieve your health goals. One of the biggest gifts in life for me is watching my patients thrive and prosper, and thrive is what we can do when you join with me in my new practice.
For over 25 years, I have provided family medicine for the Oaklawn, Uptown, and Park Cities communities of Dallas. My practice welcomes all ages from pediatrics to geriatrics. I am fluent in Spanish which creates an important bridge to providing adequate care for the Hispanic/Latino community. I have personally enjoyed helping those affected by HIV disease since the beginning of the epidemic in the 1980s. My practice has also welcomed the LGBT community for all these years and looks eager to many more healthy years. My MDVIP-affiliated practice will enable me to deliver personalized healthcare, comparable to a concierge practice, and conduct extensive annual preventive exams to early diagnose diabetes, hypertension, cardiovascular illnesses that affect us as we age. My loyal and dedicated staff and I invite you to be a part of this practice. Partner with me and we will be an excellent team for your healthcare as my uncle did with his patients!
- Texas A&M University
- College Station, TX
- Bachelor of Science, Biomedical Science 1983
- Medical School
- University of North Texas, Health Science Center, Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Fort Worth, TX
- Doctorate of Osteopathic Medicine 1987
- Dallas Family Hospital
- Dallas, TX
- Dallas Family Hospital affiliated with Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Dallas, TX
- Family Medicine 1988-1989
Professional Society Memberships
- American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians
Professional Affiliations and Appointments
- Clinical Professor, University of North Texas, Health Science Center, Department of Family Practice 2000-present
- Clinical Professor, University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School 2000-present
- Medical City Hospital
Honors and Awards
- National Dean's List
- Dean's Scholarship Recipient
- Outstanding Young Man of America 1985
- English and Spanish
- Diplomate, National Board of Osteopathic Medical Examiners
- HIV Specialist, American Academy of HIV Medicine Certification