My Philosophy and Approach to Wellness...
My philosophy of wellness and prevention starts with the relationships with my patients. Listening to and involving the patient in their care is paramount to achieving a healthy lifestyle. My many years in practice, combined with learning from my patients, is what allows me to be a good doctor. MDVIP, sometimes referred to as concierge medicine, enables me to spend more time with my patients and bring the cutting edge of medicine to their healthcare management.
Over the years, I have been very involved with student teaching as well as being on the governor-appointed Osteopathic Board of Medicine for Washington State. This allows not only involvement with the legislative process of medicine, but also allows input as to the formation of laws beneficial to my patients. A few years ago, I was awarded Physician of the Year by the Washington Osteopathic Association, an honor that reflects my dedication to patients as well as the training process for our students entering the profession.
My association with the University of Washington allows us to partner with specialists in the network, as well as having the opportunity to follow-up closely with my patients’ care. I am also an established physician at Swedish and Northwest Hospitals, now UW affiliated.
I enjoy all aspects of my practice, but most of all, preventive care and the pursuit of a healthy quality of life, which is also my goal in partnering with MDVIP. I would like to welcome you to my practice and offer you all the benefits of personalized healthcare.
- University of Puget Sound
- Tacoma, WA
- Bachelor of Science, Biology and Chemistry 1967
- Medical School
- Kansas City College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Kansas City, MO
- Doctorate of Osteopathic Medicine 1971
Professional Society Memberships
- Washington Osteopathic Medical Association
- Washington State Medical Association
- King County Medical Society
Professional Affiliations and Appointments
- Governor Appointee, Board of Osteopathic Medicine and Surgery 2010-present
- Board of Trustees, King County Medical Society 2005-2010
- Delegate, Washington State Medical Association 2005-2010
- University of Washington, Northwest Hospital Campus
- Swedish/Ballard Hospital
- Waldo General Hospital
Honors and Awards
- Physician of the Year, Washington State Osteopathic Association 2009