My Philosophy and Approach to Wellness...As an MDVIP-affiliated primary care physician, I have the time to blend my more than 30 years of clinical experience with the ability to study and guide you through all the new advances in healthcare as they apply to your particular situation. I am able to answer your questions more fully and care for you in a comfortable, unhurried office setting where your health and wellness goals can be established and tracked.
We will make full use of the many preventive care resources available through the MDVIP Wellness Program, which includes advanced screenings and counseling for heart health, diabetes prevention, bone health, respiratory health, nutrition, fitness, sleep and more. As your private doctor, I will tailor your individual wellness program to fit your needs and goals. I look forward to working with you in my internal medicine practice as we move forward together in this new and exciting medical journey. I see it as a wonderful opportunity to help you realize your full health potential. Prevention has become our most important diagnosis.
My personalized healthcare practice, sometimes compared to a concierge medical practice, is located in Newton, Massachusetts at the medical offices of Newton-Wellesley Hospital, where I am on staff. I serve the areas of Newton, Wellesley, Needham, Brookline, Weston and the surrounding communities. I am a U.S. Air Force veteran and am accepting new patients.
- Manhattan College
- New York, NY
- Bachelor of Science 1966
- Medical School
- Albany Medical College
- Albany, NY
- Doctorate of Medicine 1970
- Rochester General Hospital
- Rochester, NY
- Boston VA Medical Center
- Boston, MA
Professional Society Memberships
- Massachusetts Medical Society
Professional Affiliations and Appointments
- Newton Wellesley Hospital
- - Board of Overseers for Life 2009-present
- - President Medical Staff 2002
- - Board of Directors 1992-1996, 2004-2007
- Medical Director, VNA Care and Hospice 2009-2013
- Medical Director, Newton-Wellesley Home Care Service 1984-2000
- Newton-Wellesley Hospital
- Major, Chief, General Therapy Section, United States Air Force, Dover, DE 1972-1974
Honors and Awards
- Locke Teaching Award in Primary Care 2003
- Air Force Commendation Award, United States Air Force
CertificationsAmerican Board of Internal Medicine
down to earth and very good in his field of medicine and makes easy to talk to good Doctor in all ways thank you so much
Dr. O'Brien has been taking care of us for many years and now with the MDVIP program it has only enhanced the care we get. My Mom ...