My Philosophy and Approach to Wellness...Human beings were created for a purpose; I have found mine in the art and science of medicine. It is my life's passion and privilege to practice as an internist dedicated to restoring the art to clinical medicine. The most enjoyable aspects of practicing medicine for me are developing relationships with my patients to maintain their health, helping direct them toward wellness by intimate knowledge of their medical risks and problems, and helping them understand these in a straightforward way to either restore their wellness or help them adapt to a better quality of life.
- University of California, Berkeley
- Berkeley, CA
- Bachelor of Arts, Biochemistry 1987
- Medical School
- University of Hawaii, John A. Burns School of Medicine
- Honolulu, HI
- Doctorate of Medicine 1993
- University of Minnesota Hospital and Clinics, Department of Medicine
- Minneapolis, MN
- Saint Joseph Hospital, Department of Medicine
- Denver, CO
- Internal Medicine 1994-1996
- Chief Resident 1996-1997
Professional Society Memberships
- American College of Physicians
Professional Affiliations and Appointments
- Member, Board of Directors, Dominican Hospital 2014-present
- Chief Medical Officer, ArcWell Medical 2013-present
- Medical Director, Hearts & Hands Post-Acute Care and Rehabilitation Center 2012-present
- Dominican Hospital
CertificationsAmerican Board of Internal Medicine
Dr. Johsens provides top quality medical care. He is patient and genuinely cares for his patients. Dr. Johsens' staff is polite,...
Dr. Johsens is kind and caring, knowledgeable and respectful. He is genuine in his search to find solutions to whatever health iss...
Dr Joshens is the reason I'm still alive. Having a good bedside manner is just as important as his knowledge. Dr Joshens has alway...