My Philosophy and Approach to Wellness...Nothing fancy here. First, show up. Second, listen. Third, be helpful. Fourth, know what you're doing (if not, get help). Doctors should be available to patients and should have time to hear what patients say. The MDVIP Practice provides that opportunity. It is a privilege to be a Physician. I try to fulfill these four obligations with every patient.
- University of the South
- Sewanee, TN
- Bachelor of Arts, Biology, Cum Laude 1964
- Medical School
- University of North Carolina
- Chapel Hill, NC
- Doctor of Medicine 1969
- Royal Victoria Hospital, McGill University
- Montreal, Quebec
- North Carolina Board of Medical Examiners 1969
- North Carolina, License Number 16375
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- North Carolina Academy of Family Physicians
- North Carolina Medical Society
Honors and Awards
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- George T. Wolff Award, contribution to Family Practice Education in the state of North Carolina 1986
- Community Teaching Award, North Carolina Academy of Family Physicians 2000
- Best Doctors in America® 1996-2012, 2014
- UNC Hospitals, Chapel Hill, NC
- Duke Regional Hospital, Durham, NC
- American Board of Family Practice
- Federal Aviation Agency, Senior Medical Examiner
Dr. Guiteras is a kind and caring doctor who shows concern for the total well being of his patients and not just their physical st...
Member: Dorothy Sue
Aging is an interesting and challenging part of life. Having Dr. Guiteras as my MDVIP gives me my health safety net - my health...
Member: Shirley and John
Dr. Guiteras has been our personal doctor for many many years and has always ensured that we receive the best care possible. We at...
Soon after moving to NC I became very sick, without the slightest idea of who to see for assistance. Fortunately, a business asso...