The State of Oregon requires that the following information be provided:
- The MDVIP Wellness Program is not insurance.
- The fee for the MDVIP Wellness Program covers only the annual wellness services specified in the membership agreement as detailed below.
- All other services outside the scope of what is covered by the annual fee as defined in the membership agreement are the patient’s financial responsibility.
- The membership fee can be paid annually, semi-annually or quarterly.
- If you or MDVIP terminate the agreement for any reason prior to receiving the annual wellness services, you will be entitled to a prorated refund of the membership fee. If you have received your annual wellness services, you will not be eligible for a refund, and you will be responsible for the balance of the fee.
- The Department of Consumer and Business Services issued a certification to this practice. You can contact consumer advocates at the Department of Consumer and Business Services at (888) 877-4894, [email protected] or www.insurance.oregon.gov.
- The annual wellness services included in the MDVIP Wellness Program include a Personal Health Record and Annual Wellness Program including wellness counseling and all or some of the following wellness screenings and diagnostics as determined to be appropriate for you by your MDVIP-affiliated physician.
MDVIP Wellness Program
This is a measurement that will screen a person for peripheral vascular disease. If present, this value will give the physician an indication of the severity of the disease so the physician can treat accordingly.
Pure Tone Audiogram
Allows the physician to screen for hearing loss and to help establish the origin, whether from involvement of the auditory apparatus or secondary to nerve involvement.
Beck Anxiety Inventory
Depression and anxiety can be subtle and missed as the cause of, or a component of, many diseases. This allows the physician to screen early when the potential effects can be prevented or easily treated.
Electrocardiogram (EKG) Screening
Used by physicians to screen for heart rhythm disturbances and cardiac damage, such as results from heart attacks.
Epworth Sleepiness Scale
Screening to help determine disorders which can range from mild to life-threatening.
Sexual Function Screening
Screening that assists the physician in identifying whether a patient is experiencing sexual dysfunction so that treatment options can be discussed.
Pulmonary Function Testing (Spirometry)
Pulmonary function screening is utilized to determine how well the patient’s lungs and airways are working. Analysis of this testing allows for early intervention as well as assessment of the severity of pulmonary disease states.
Comprehensive Visual Screening
Allows the physician to assess visual acuity, muscle balance, depth and color perception and peripheral field to screen for visual problems and tumors.
Online Lifestyle Exercise Modification Program
Online tool that provides detailed exercise guidance on the purpose, proper form and contraindications of each exercise, including personalized workouts that are tailored for the individual.
Body Composition Analysis
Utilizing the latest in technology, this analysis includes basal metabolic rate to help guide and monitor weight management.
Online Healthy & Disease State Meal Planning Program
The meal plan identifies patients’ nutritional needs, as well as their current weight and weight goal (lose or maintain). Based on the selections, the physician and patient use the program to develop a daily caloric intake plan with four weeks of meals, shopping lists and recipes.
Annual Wellness Panels
Preferred MDVIP Annual Wellness Panel
Myeloperoxidase (MPO) or NMR LipoProfile®, HbA1c, Vitamin D, hsCRP, TSH, Uric Acid
Alternative MDVIP Annual Wellness Panel
Myeloperoxidase (MPO) or NMR LipoProfile®, HbA1c, Vitamin D, TSH, CBC w/Auto Diff, CMP, Urinalysis
Alternative MDVIP Annual Wellness Panel (w/o Urinalysis)
Myeloperoxidase (MPO) or NMR LipoProfile®, HbA1c, Vitamin D, TSH, CBC w/Auto Diff, CMP
Myeloperoxidase (MPO), Lp-PLA2, hsCRP, Oxidized LDL (OxLDL), ApoB, ApoA1
HbA1c, Oxidized LDL (OxLDL), hsCRP, Adiponectin, Insulin, Glucose, Uric Acid
Vitamin D, Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10), Vitamin B12, TSH, Oxidized LDL (OxLDL), F2-Isoprostanes (F2-IsoPs)
Men’s Health Assessment
Myeloperoxidase (MPO), Testosterone - Free, TSH, Ferritin, Insulin, ApoB, Uric Acid
Women’s Health Assessment
Myeloperoxidase (MPO), FSH, TSH, Ferritin, Insulin, ApoB, Vitamin D
My Philosophy and Approach to Wellness...My goal is to manage and anticipate your unique healthcare needs. As an MDVIP-affiliated doctor, I will partner with you on a personal level to help you achieve the optimal health we all value. We will closely collaborate on what it takes to stay on the path to wellness. You will feel welcomed by the relaxed, individualized attention you will receive from everyone in our office.
- Duke University
- Durham, NC
- Bachelor of Arts, Chemistry, Biochemistry 1982
- Magna Cum Laude
- Medical School
- University of Virginia
- Charlottesville, VA
- Doctorate of Medicine 1986
- Oregon Health Science University
- Portland, OR
- Oregon Health Science University
- Portland, OR
- Internal Medicine 1987-1989
Professional Society Memberships
- American College of Physicians
- Oregon Medical Association
- Medical Society of Metropolitan Portland
- Meridian Association of Physicians
Professional Affiliations and Appointments
- Oregon Health & Science University
- - Clinical Associate, Professor of Medicine 1994-present
- - Clinical Preceptor, First Year Medical Students 1992-1999
- ECG Readers Panel, Legacy Meridian Park Hospital 2001-present
- Legacy Meridian Park Hospital
- Providence St. Vincent Medical Center
CertificationsAmerican Board of Internal Medicine
Dr. Hashiguchi, I want to thank you very much for taking calls from me in Palm Springs and finding a way to help me get the care I...
Dr Hashiguchi is the best primary care physician I have ever met. Being in the health care field myself, that is saying a lot. He ...
Member: Margaret Jane
He is very caring . Does a good exam and follow up.
Whenever I have been in need you have gone out of your way to accommodate. You care and it shows. Thank You!