My Philosophy and Approach to Wellness...My goal is to provide patient-centered internal medicine and primary care services to all of my patients in a warm and caring atmosphere. I pride myself in providing quality care in the same way I expect to be treated. When patients are in my office, I have the time to listen to all of their concerns and answer all their questions, which is largely responsible for helping me provide the type of care that improves lives, not just symptoms and illness.
- Seton Hall University
- South Orange, NJ
- Bachelor of Arts, Biology and Chemistry 1971
- Bio-Dynamics, Inc.
- East Millstone, NJ
- Research Assistant in Toxicology 1971-1973
- Medical School
- Rush Medical College
- Chicago, IL
- Doctorate of Medicine 1977
- Columbia University, College Physicians & Surgeons
- New York, NY
- Internal Medicine 1977-1979
- Overlook Hospital
- Summit, NJ
- Chief Resident in Internal Medicine 1979-1980
Professional Society Memberships
- Member, American College of Physicians
- Member, American Medical Association
- Member, Essex County & New Jersey Medical Society
- Fellow, American Academy of Medicine
Professional Affiliations and Appointments
- Overlook Hospital
- - Attending Physician 1980 Present
- - Member, Medical Audit Committee
- - Vice-Chief/Secretary, Department of Internal Medicine 1984-1986
- - Chief, Department of Internal Medicine 1986-1988
- - Vice President, Housestaff Association 1979-1980
- - Member, Intensive Care, Coronary Care Committee 1978-1980
- - Member, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Committee 1978-1980
- - Alternative Housestaff Representative, Executive Committee 1979-1980
- Medical Director, Glenside Nursing Home, New Providence, NJ 1985-2004
- Physician, Millburn Fire Department 1985-present
- Physician, Millburn Police Department 1990-present
- Investigator in Multiple Clinical Trials 1985-present
- Physician, Morris-Union Jointure Commission 1999-present
- Clinical Associate Professor, Graduate School of Medical Education, Seton Hall University 1999-present
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- National Board of Medical Examiners
My mother and I were patients of Dr. Pitoscia prior to his joining MDVIP. Today I am glad that our doctor had the foresight to jo...
It was 1984. I went to my Gynecologist for a check-up & was told I had Fibroid& to come back in 6 months for a follow-up. I wasn'...
Dear MDVIP, Doctor Thomas Pitoscia has been my doctor for the past 25 or so years. I feel so fortunate to have his expartise, sk...
Dr. Tom Pitoscia has been our 'family doctor' for over 35 years -- he was also the primary physician for my husband's Mother and b...