My Philosophy and Approach to Wellness...
I feel fortunate to have re-established a small, personalized care approach to my practice, which allows me to treat patients as individuals, and optimize a long term relationship where wellness, prevention, and availability are fundamental to maintaining your health.
By being comprehensive, thoughtful, and time intensive, we are able to get to know each other well, and focus on you and your health in a way that is increasingly unavailable in the current practice environment. This allows partnership, advocacy, and comfort in keeping you healthy.
I feel my patients are an extended family, and that inviting you into our office is like welcoming you into my home. I want you to feel safe, at ease, and able to share all the concerns which will impact your long term care plans, allowing prevention, early detection, and acute care when you need it.
This foundation of a trusting, personalized relationship revitalizes the principles of medical care we all trained for, which you enjoyed years ago, and still deserve today.
We will customize wellness plans based on your needs and preferences, help you learn how to live a balanced healthy lifestyle, and support you in achieving your wellness goals.
- University of Michigan
- Ann Arbor, MI
- Bachelor of Science, Biology, Magna Cum Laude 1982
- Medical School
- Emory University Medical School
- Atlanta, GA
- Doctorate of Medicine 1986
- Rhode Island Hospital
- Providence, RI
- General Internal Medicine 1986-1989
- Chief Resident, Department of Internal Medicine 1989-1990
- Rhode Island Hospital Department of Medicine, full time admitting staff 1990-present
Honors and Awards
- Rhode Island Hospital Emergency Department Resident of Merit, September 1988
- Best Doctors in America® 1996-2014
- Rhode Island Hospital Teaching Excellence Award 1997
- Preceptorship Award, Rhode Island Hospital Community-Based Teaching Program, September 1997-2005, awarded annually
Professional Affiliations and Appointments
- President, Rhode Island Hospital, IPA
- Brown University School of Medicine
Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, RI
- Clinical Instructor 1990-2000
- Clinical Assistant Professor 2000
I am so grateful for Dr. Weiner. He is always there for me when the need arises. When i was stung by a yellow jacket, he had me ...
Recently i had major brain surgery to remove a tumor in my brain. Dr. Weiner who is my primary doctor was with me every step of th...
My doctor has always been available when I needed to talk with him about a concern. Local calls are one thing. He answered imme...
Dr. Weiner gives his full and undivided attention to his patient and assumes the role of a quarterback in a comprehensive team app...