My Philosophy and Approach to Wellness...
The patient physician relationship is the most important aspect in developing trust in the management of an individual’s medical needs. This relationship is of utmost importance to my practice of medicine.
I love treating families and knowing the medical and personal histories of the family members and how they impact each individual’s health. By having the complete picture, I can be more proactive in prevention of problems that are genetic in nature.
I try to really listen to each patient, and I’ve found that often by listening carefully the diagnosis will become clear. It’s like putting a puzzle together.
My main passion is to keep my patient population as healthy, happy and active as possible. Over the past few years, I have studied, attended numerous national conferences, read books and research articles on wellness and healthy aging. Research studies prove that modest interventions in diet, exercise and nutrition favorably impact the aging process in humans. Patients who have preventive screenings, early disease detection, aggressive intervention and optimal nutrition are investing in extended lifespans as well as prolonging health span - the length of time that they are able to live productively and independently.
I believe my patients deserve the best care available to them. I want them to feel confident that I will be there for them throughout their journey to health and wellness.
I love to laugh with my patients. I truly believe that laughter heals and a positive outlook on life is crucial to wellness and longevity.
- Auburn University
- Auburn, AL
- Pre-Med, Chemistry and Biology 1968
- Florida State University
- Tallahassee, FL
- Medical Sciences Post Graduate Degree 1972
- Birmingham-Southern College
- Birmingham, AL
- Pre-Med, Chemistry and Biology 1970
- Medical School
- Creighton Medical School
- Omaha, NE
- Doctorate of Medicine 1976
- St. Joseph's Hospital
- Omaha, NE
- Family Practice 1976-1979
Professional Affiliations and Appointments
- President and Head Physician, Auburn Family Care (Auburn's First Urgent Care Center) 1985-1996
- Team Physician, Auburn University 1985-1990
- Emergency Medicine Physician, Northeast Alabama Regional Medical Center 1982-1985
- Clinical Instructor
- - University of Alabama Medical School, Medical Students Rotation
- - University of Alabama Nurse Practitioner School, Clinical Rotation
- - Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- - Emory University, Physician's Assistant School
- - Auburn University, Nurse Practitioner School
- East Alabama Medical Center
- United States Air Force Physician, Ellsworth Air Force Base, Rapid City, SD 1979-1982
- Photography, music, cooking, horticulture, hunting, fishing, physical exercise, reading and teaching students in the office for clinicals or shadowing
I met Dr. Veale in 1992 when I first moved to Auburn. He was in a Doc -in-the-Box(Urgent Care). I did not have a doctor in Aubur...
Dr. Veale is a wonderful, compassionate person. Not only is he my entire family's MDVIP, we are honored to call him a dear friend...