My Philosophy and Approach to Wellness...
My goal is to optimize your health which is done by creating and maintaining a balance between your mind, body and soul, all of which are intimately integrated and interdependent by:
- Listening actively to understand your complaint
- Diagnosing accurately that complaint cause
- Prescribing effectively the easiest solution – medication or surgical intervention when necessary
- Balancing structural asymmetries using Osteopathic manipulative techniques, or;
- Providing on-site counseling or referral for such
I will partner with you on a personal level to individualize and achieve the health and wellness you and I both desire for you. We will walk together on the path towards wellness using a preventive approach rather than a reactive one to gain years of increased well-being. Your journey will include individualized attention and a relaxed office experience using state-of–the art diagnostic testing and methods.
- The City College of New York
- New York, NY
- Bachelor of Science, Biology 1974
- Minor in Chemistry
- Cum Laude
- Medical School
- The College of Osteopathic Medicine and Surgery
- Des Moines, IA
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine 1978
- Tucson General Hospital
- Tucson, AZ
- Rotating Internship 1978-1979
Professional Society Memberships
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Academy of Osteopathy
- American College of Osteopathic General Practitioners
- American College of Utilization Review Physicians
- American College of Physician Executives
- Arizona Osteopathic Medical Association
- Arizona Academy of Osteopathy
- Arizona College of Osteopathic General Practitioners
Professional Affiliations and Appointments
- Civil Surgeon, U.S. Department of Justice 1987-present
- Tucson Osteopathic Medical Foundation
- - Counterstrain Instructor/Trainer 1995-present
- - Lecturer in Osteopathic Manipulative Therapy 2003-present
- Adjunct Clinical Assistant Professor, Midwestern University, Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine 2006-present
- Adjunct Associate Professor, El Rio Community Healthcare Campus, A. T. Still University, School of Osteopathic Medicine in Arizona 2009-present
Honors and Awards
- Special Certificate in Anatomy, College of Osteopathic Medicine and Surgery, Des Moines, IA 1978
- Special Certificate in Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine, College of Osteopathic Medicine and Surgery, Des Moines, IA 1978
- Tucson General Hospital Northsider Alert Award 1978
Published Works and Presentations
- Wedel, F. Partington and E. R. Berger, "Two Morphological and Size Classes of Microbodies in Rat Liver"; J. Cell Biology 59:360a 1973
- Wedel, F. Partington and E. R. Berger, "On the Morphological Heterogeneity of Microbodies in the Rat Hepatocyte", J. Ultrastuct Res., 51:153-165 1975
- American Osteopathic Board of Family Physicians
- American College of Quality Assurance and Utilization Review
Dr. Wedel and his staff, provide expert, caring and innovative service. Dr. Wedel possesses a unique ability to listen, diagnose ...
My entire experience with Dr Wedel is nothing but 100 positive. He is accessible, he listens and we are able to maintain a great p...
Dr. Wedel is just a joy with which to deal. His friendly, warm, caring attentiveness to my individual medical issues are at the h...
The best manipultaor there ever was! if its out of place, this guy can put it back!