My Philosophy and Approach to Wellness...
My goal is to optimize your health which is done by creating and maintaining a balance between your mind, body and soul, all of which are intimately integrated and interdependent by:
- Listening actively to understand your complaint
- Diagnosing accurately that complaint cause
- Prescribing effectively the easiest solution – medication or surgical intervention when necessary
- Balancing structural asymmetries using Osteopathic manipulative techniques, or;
- Providing on-site counseling or referral for such
I will partner with you on a personal level to individualize and achieve the health and wellness you and I both desire for you. We will walk together on the path towards wellness using a preventive approach rather than a reactive one to gain years of increased well-being. Your journey will include individualized attention and a relaxed office experience using state-of–the art diagnostic testing and methods.
- The City College of New York
- New York, NY
- Bachelor of Science, Biology 1974
- Minor in Chemistry
- Cum Laude
- Medical School
- The College of Osteopathic Medicine and Surgery
- Des Moines, IA
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine 1978
- Tucson General Hospital
- Tucson, AZ
- Rotating Internship 1978-1979
Professional Society Memberships
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Academy of Osteopathy
- American College of Osteopathic General Practitioners
- American College of Utilization Review Physicians
- American College of Physician Executives
- Arizona Osteopathic Medical Association
- Arizona Academy of Osteopathy
- Arizona College of Osteopathic General Practitioners
Professional Affiliations and Appointments
- Civil Surgeon, U.S. Department of Justice 1987-present
- Tucson Osteopathic Medical Foundation
- - Counterstrain Instructor/Trainer 1995-present
- - Lecturer in Osteopathic Manipulative Therapy 2003-present
- Adjunct Clinical Assistant Professor, Midwestern University, Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine 2006-present
- Adjunct Associate Professor, El Rio Community Healthcare Campus, A. T. Still University, School of Osteopathic Medicine in Arizona 2009-present
Honors and Awards
- Special Certificate in Anatomy, College of Osteopathic Medicine and Surgery, Des Moines, IA 1978
- Special Certificate in Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine, College of Osteopathic Medicine and Surgery, Des Moines, IA 1978
- Tucson General Hospital Northsider Alert Award 1978
Published Works and Presentations
- Wedel, F. Partington and E. R. Berger, "Two Morphological and Size Classes of Microbodies in Rat Liver"; J. Cell Biology 59:360a 1973
- Wedel, F. Partington and E. R. Berger, "On the Morphological Heterogeneity of Microbodies in the Rat Hepatocyte", J. Ultrastuct Res., 51:153-165 1975
- American Osteopathic Board of Family Physicians
- American College of Quality Assurance and Utilization Review
I have had many doctors many specialties, settings, and several U.S. states. I have also worked extensively with doctors through m...
Dr. Wedel and his staff, provide expert, caring and innovative service. Dr. Wedel possesses a unique ability to listen, diagnose ...
My entire experience with Dr Wedel is nothing but 100 positive. He is accessible, he listens and we are able to maintain a great p...
Dr. Wedel is just a joy with which to deal. His friendly, warm, caring attentiveness to my individual medical issues are at the h...