My Philosophy and Approach to Wellness...Practicing good medicine is much more than simply diagnosing disease and dispensing medication. The simple act of carefully listening and showing empathy and respect often have a tremendous influence upon a patient's health. Healing is a consequence not only of medication or other therapies, but also of caring.
I became a doctor when I realized that I care how people feel, and I think my patients sense this in me. Over time, a trust develops that can be used to guide patients to wellness. My smaller, personalized healthcare practice, similar to concierge medicine, offers me the opportunity to provide quality care in a comfortable environment with the necessary time to focus on prevention and wellness.
As a private doctor affiliated with MDVIP, I am able to offer unhurried office visits and put my patients first. A successful doctor-patient relationship requires time - time to listen, time to think, time to share ideas and time to form a close bond that will facilitate the best medical care possible.
In addition to being board certified in family medicine, I also have a keen interest in cardiovascular disease, diabetes, lipidology and sports medicine.
I am proud to be the first physician from New Jersey to serve on the American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM), 2001-2006, and I was appointed Chairman during my last year. The ABFM is responsible for the certification of over 70,000 family medicine physicians. I am honored to be an eight-time recipient of the Readers’ Choice Best Doctor Award from the New Jersey Herald, 2008-2015.
My family practice is located in Newton, New Jersey and serves the surrounding communities in Sussex, Morris, Warren and Hunterdon counties. I am on staff at Newton Hospital and make social rounds on my patients when hospitalized.
- University of Connecticut
- Storrs, CT
- Bachelor of Arts, Pre-Medical 1974
- Rutgers University
- Piscataway, NJ
- Bachelor of Science, Physician’s Assistant 1978
- Medical School
- The University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, New Jersey Medical School
- Newark, NJ
- Doctorate of Medicine 1982
- Mountainside Hospital
- Montclair, NJ
- Family Practice 1982-1985
- Chief Resident 1984-1985
Professional Society Memberships
- Board Member, National Commission on Certification of Physicians Assistants 2007-2011
- Board Chair, American Board of Family Medicine 2005-2006
- Board of Directors, American Board of Family Medicine 2001-2006
- President, New Jersey Academy of Family Physicians 1993
- American Academy of Family Physicians 1980-present
- New Jersey Academy of Family Physicians 1980-present
Professional Affiliations and Appointments
- Teacher, “Tar Wars Program,” Sparta Elementary Schools 1997, 1998
- Graduate, Fundamentals of Management, September 1997
- Coordinator, State Officers Conference Seminar, “PR for Pennies” 1996
- Coordinator, State Officers Conference Seminar, “Tips to Improve Public Relations/Publications Statewide” 1995
- Member Panel, “Take Time to Talk” with C. Everett Koop 1995
- Member, Task Force on Practice of Bariatrics, New Jersey Board of Medical Examiners 1993
- Commendation, NJAFP House of Delegates for Contributions to Family Practice in New Jersey 1984
Honors and Awards
- Readers' Choice Best Doctor, New Jersey Herald 2008-2014
- Compassionate Doctor Recognition 2010
- America’s Top Family Doctors, Consumer Research Council of America 2009
- Recipient NJAFP Leadership & Outstanding Service Award 1999
CertificationsFellow, American Academy of Family Practice
I have been with Dr. Kane for about 17 years - with a serious history of heart disease, Dr. Kane has been a true partner with me t...
Dr. Kane is a terrific doctor. He listens with compassion and is comprehensive examinations lead to thoughtful diagnosis. Even my ...
Dr. Frank Kane has cared for both my late wife and myself. He has been outstanding in every way -very knowledgeable, accessible, ...
My doctor, Frank Kane, and his entire staff have made a huge difference in my healthcare. Knowing that they are just a phone call...