My Philosophy and Approach to Wellness...My goal is to manage and anticipate your unique healthcare needs. As an MDVIP-affiliated doctor, I will partner with you on a personal level to help you achieve the optimal health we all value. We will closely collaborate on what it takes to stay on the path to wellness. You will feel welcomed by the relaxed, individualized attention you will receive from everyone in our office.
- University of Alabama
- Tuscaloosa, AL
- Bachelor of Science, Biology, Summa Cum Laude 1979
- Medical School
- University of Alabama School of Medicine
- Birmingham, AL
- Doctorate of Medicine 1983
- Baroness Erlanger Medical Center
- Chattanooga, TN
- Categorical Internal Medicine Internship 1983-1984
- Baptist Medical Centers
- Birmingham, AL
- Internal Medicine 1984-1986
Professional Affiliations and Appointments
- American College of Physicians, Chairman Department of Medicine, Medical Center East 1992-1993
- Birmingham Medical Network, Board Member 1995-2000
- Health Services East, Board of Directors 1997-2006
- Jefferson County Medical Society, Ethics Committee, 2000-2003
- Eastern Medical Specialists, President 2003-2005
- Medical Center East Operations, Board of Directors 2000-2006
- CareFirst Home Health Care, Medical Director 2005-present
- CareFirst Hospice, Medical Director 2005-present
- St. Vincent’s East
Honors and Awards
- Beta Beta Beta Biological Honor Society
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- Diplomate, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Diplomate, National Board of Medical Examiners
Dr. Frey is truly sincere regarding the health of his patients. I could not ask for a more sincerely concerned, caring, profession...
Last year, in the early spring I broke a fall by grabbing a table on the way down with my right hand injuring my shoulder. After a...
Hum. Where to start. I've been A patient of Dr. Frey for well over 20 years. I was with him before he went to MDVIP. When...
Dr Frey became my doctor in 1988. Through the years he has always been there for me when I need him. He has seen how my body has c...