My Philosophy and Approach to Wellness...My goal is to manage and anticipate your unique healthcare needs. As an MDVIP-affiliated doctor, I will partner with you on a personal level to help you achieve the optimal health we all value. We will closely collaborate on what it takes to stay on the path to wellness. You will feel welcomed by the relaxed, individualized attention you will receive from everyone in our office.
- University of Alabama
- Tuscaloosa, AL
- Bachelor of Science, Biology, Summa Cum Laude 1979
- Medical School
- University of Alabama School of Medicine
- Birmingham, AL
- Doctorate of Medicine 1983
- Baroness Erlanger Medical Center
- Chattanooga, TN
- Categorical Internal Medicine Internship 1983-1984
- Baptist Medical Centers
- Birmingham, AL
- Internal Medicine 1984-1986
Professional Affiliations and Appointments
- American College of Physicians, Chairman Department of Medicine, Medical Center East 1992-1993
- Birmingham Medical Network, Board Member 1995-2000
- Health Services East, Board of Directors 1997-2006
- Jefferson County Medical Society, Ethics Committee, 2000-2003
- Eastern Medical Specialists, President 2003-2005
- Medical Center East Operations, Board of Directors 2000-2006
- CareFirst Home Health Care, Medical Director 2005-present
- CareFirst Hospice, Medical Director 2005-present
- St. Vincent’s East
Honors and Awards
- Beta Beta Beta Biological Honor Society
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- Diplomate, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Diplomate, National Board of Medical Examiners
Dr. James H. Frey of Birmingham has been my doctor since 2005; since before MDVIP ever came into our lives. My gynecologist had t...
I have been using Dr. Frey for just over 6 months. I like him a lot. A doctor also needs good support from his employees. Ashley a...
I am very pleased with my relationship with Dr. Frey and his staff. They are always available when I need them. Dr. Frey always...
Dr. Frey has always been very responsive to our needs and questions. We have emailed him late at night with health concerns hopin...