My Philosophy and Approach to Wellness...My goal is to manage and anticipate your unique healthcare needs. As an MDVIP-affiliated doctor, I will partner with you on a personal level to help you achieve the optimal health we all value. We will closely collaborate on what it takes to stay on the path to wellness. You will feel welcomed by the relaxed, individualized attention you will receive from everyone in our office.
- Cedarville University
- Cedarville, OH
- Bachelor of Arts, Chemistry and Biology, Bible minor 1988
- Medical School
- The Ohio State University College of Medicine
- Columbus, OH
- Doctorate of Medicine 1992
- University of North Carolina
- Chapel Hill, NC
- Internal Medicine 1992-1995
- Acting Chief Resident 1995
Professional Society Memberships
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine, University of North Carolina School of Medicine 1997-present
- Managing Physician Raleigh Medical Group/Cary Medical Group 2000-2009
- American College of Physicians
- North Carolina Medical Society
- Wake County Medical Society
- North/South Carolina Quality Management and Peer
- Review Committee Cigna/Healthsource 1998-2003
- Cigna Credentialing Committee 1998-2007
- WakeMed Cary Hospital
- Rex Hospital
Honors and Awards
- University of North Carolina
- - “Golden Boots” Award for Jr. Resident with Superior Clinical Judgment 1994
- - David Ontjes Intern of the year 1992-1993
- - Representative to Chairman’s Advisory Board
- - Nominee of Resident Teaching Award 1993
- One of the Best Doctors in America, Best Doctors Inc. 2007-2008, 2015-2016.
- One of the Triangle’s Top Physicians, Cary Magazine 2009
- United Health Care Premium Designation Program for Quality and Efficiency 2009
- National Committee on Quality Assurance (NCQA), Certification for Delivery of Quality Cardiovascular and Stroke Care 2007-2010, renewed 2012-2015
- National Committee on Quality Assurance (NCQA), Certification for Delivery of Quality Diabetic Care 2007-2010, renewed 2012-2015
- National Committee on Quality Assurance (NCOA), Patient Centered Medical Home Level 3 (Top Level) 2011-2014, renewed 2014-2017
- Patients' Choice Award Recipient
- Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award
- Dr. Jacobs lives in Cary with his wife Kimmie and their five children since adopting a 14 year old from Ukraine in 2015.
- Dr. Jacobs and Kimmie have served together on a short-term medical mission trip to El Salvador and since 2008 he serves as a board member supporting this ongoing work.
- The entire Jacobs' family was able to serve short-term in two orphanages in Beijing, China in May 2008. Subsequently members of the Jacobs clan have served in Kenya, Guatemala, Costa Rica and Red Springs, NC.
- They are active members in the children's and youth ministry at Colonial Baptist Church and in the sports ministry where Dr. Jacobs volunteers as a developmental league basketball coach.
CertificationsDiplomate, American Board of Internal Medicine
My doctor, Jim Jacobs, MD. Is an outstanding doctor. I have never experienced a more thorough physical as well as attention to de...
I think Dr. Jacobs (and his entire staff for that matter) are amazingly responsive and consistently deliver a gold standard qualit...
My health was receiving half hearted attention by doctors and specialist. It was time to find my own solution. My sister in San D...
Member: Charles ( Woody)
It is so nice to call up your doctor and get in to see him that day if you really need to or just get that call back telling you j...