My Philosophy and Approach to Wellness...
I truly believe the practice of medicine should be a partnership between a patient and their doctor. In today’s challenging healthcare environment, decisions are being taken out of the hands of patients and their doctors and time together is becoming increasingly rare. The doctor-patient relationship, while becoming obsolete in many settings, will be the focus of my practice.
My role in our envisioned partnership will be to promote wellness through prevention as well as to manage your acute and chronic conditions with an individualized care plan. By doing this, I hope to minimize the impact of disease, suffering and aging. MDVIP will allow me the time to carefully listen to you as well as educate, advise and support you. It is my hope that our relationship will lead you on a path to achieving optimal health and a happier life.
I have been in practice in this community for over twenty years in various capacities and have established excellent relationships with many specialists who can guide me in furnishing the best treatment plan for you. My staff will assist me in providing exceptional care to meet your unique needs. It will be my privilege to be your partner in your quest for a healthier future.
- Bucknell University
- Lewisburg, PA
- Bachelor of Science, Biology 1984
- Columbia University
- New York, NY
- Master of Nutrition 1986
- Medical School
- UMDNJ - Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
- Camden, NJ
- Doctorate of Medicine 1990
- Duke University Medical Center
- Durham, NC
- Internal Medicine 1991-1993
- University of Maryland Medical School
- Baltimore, MD
- Fellow in Infectious Diseases 1995
Professional Society Memberships
- Fellow, American College of Physicians
- Medical Society of Northern Virginia
- Society of Hospital Medicine
- Inova Fairfax Hospital
Honors and Awards
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- Diplomate, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Diplomate, American Board of Internal Medicine, Infectious Diseases