My Philosophy and Approach to Wellness...
I have always wanted my patients to feel as if they are visiting family or friends; not as a stranger in a clinical setting. A comfortable environment encourages exploring options – your own, or suggestions offered. Part of my job is assisting patients to recognize that exceptional health is a journey – initiated by genetics. The ultimate path is determined by lifestyle choices and daily habits. I feel privileged to aid patients on their journey. Coaching those truly vested in improving or maintaining heath is what I love to do.
My Civilian and Navy medical training, in what I call "traditional Western medicine,” has provided a solid base on which to add and expand both holistic and Western knowledge. I strive for a balance between the two, while working within the conditions of patients’ desires and actions to “be all you can be.” I have learned that treating symptoms without addressing the underlying causes is not the way to true healing. Seeking and resolving root imbalances is the goal - the road to success.
My new MDVIP-affiliated practice model is an amazing venue for patients to experience treatment the way that they truly deserve. It brings back the “family physician” concept of Marcus Welby, a friend you can trust and confide in. Over the last 30 years, my practice has evolved to both empower and encourage patients. Combine that strength with time and personalization and add the benefits of cutting edge medicine technology, what could be better?
- Nicholls State University
- Thibodaux, LA
- Bachelor of Science, Chemistry 1979
- Medical School
- Louisiana State University Medical School
- Shreveport, LA
- Doctorate of Medicine 1984
- University Medical Center
- Lafayette, LA
- Naval Regional Medical Center
- Pensacola, FL
- Family Medicine 1987-1990
Professional Society Memberships
- American College for Advancement in Medicine
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- Baton Rouge General
- Captain (Retired) United States Navy 2007
- Reactivated in 2003 for Iraqi Freedom
- Medical Support, United States Navy, Reserve Duty 1992-2007
- United States Navy, Active Duty 1985-1992