My Philosophy and Approach to Wellness...
It has been my pleasure to have been able to practice "Marcus Welby" type of good old -fashioned family medicine for many years.
I have been privileged to have known my patients and their families also as friends and neighbors, as teammates, and as colleagues. It is that doctor-patient relationship which gives perspective and insight into healthcare that cannot be taught in medical schools or in residency programs.
Now, more than ever, in the face of change and upheaval in medicine, staying well has taken on new importance. Being "all that you can be" no longer applies just too young, healthy military recruits. It is the new motto for all of us.
We are living in the information age. We have the ability to use technology to our advantage. We can blend the most advanced medical research and testing with the tried and true doctor-patient team approach.
We can count our calories and cook and eat from healthier menus. We can walk, run, aerobicize, or choose an exercise program to plan our attack on individual illnesses. At the same time we, together, can be planning our course for wellness.
In this fast-paced era of instant-messaging, it is essential to spend time addressing your health. There is nothing more important.
- Northwest Missouri State University
- Maryville, MO
- Bachelor of Science, Chemistry 1971
- Graduated with Highest Honors
- Medical School
- University of Missouri - Columbia
- Columbia, MO
- Doctorate of Medicine 1976
- United States Public Health Service Hospital
- New Orleans, LA
- US Government Service
Indian Health Service
- Neah Bay, WA
- Norfolk, VA
- Nassau Bay, TX
Professional Society Memberships
- American Association of Physician Specialists
- Texas Medical Association
- Florida Medical Association
Professional Affiliations and Appointments
- Memorial Hermann Hospital - Southeast
- - Chairman, Bylaws Committee 2012-2013
- Clinical Professor, Family Practice, University of Texas Health Science Center 1980-present
- Clinical Professor, Family Practice, University of Texas Medical Branch 1996-present
- Memorial Hermann Hospital System
- - Chairman, Credentials Committee 2005-2008 and 2012-2013
- Clinical Professor, Family Practice, University of Virginia School of Medicine 1977-1979
- - Chairman, Market Quality Committee 2011-2012
- - Board of Directors 2007-2013
- - Chief of Staff 2009-2010
- - Chairman, Medical Staff Quality Committee 2006
- - Chairman, Department of Family Practice 2005
- Memorial Hermann Healthnet Providers
- - Chariman , Credentials Committee 2012-2013
- - Board of Directors 2004-2013
- - Chairman, Clinical Integration Committee 2008
- Baptist Hospital of Miami
Honors and Awards
- America's Top Family Doctors, Consumers' Research Council of America 2007-2013
- Finalist Physician of the Year, Memorial Hermann Hospital - Southeast 2008-2009
- America's Best Physicians, National Consumer Advisory Board, 2017
CertificationsABPS Board of Certification in Family Medicine
Fantastic doctor and great staff. Only Dr. I don't avoid going to.
Dr. Cross is only a phone call away at anytime. Along with her staff my husband and I receive the attention and care we need immed...
with thanks to dr. cross to being the incentive totally reconfigure my diet and exercise program to prevent diabetes. something i...
Dr Cross is the best doctor I've ever had. She's extremely knowledgeable, personable, and available vi can talk to her about anyth...