Can You Boast a 97% Satisfaction Rate With Your Doctor? Patients of MDVIP-Affiliated Practices Can!
May 28, 2015
The Open Public Health Journal releases study comparing personalized preventive care versus conventional healthcare. MDVIP patients reported significantly higher satisfaction levels.BOCA RATON, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--In a study published this week in The Open Public Health Journal titled “The Impact of a Personalized Preventive Care Model vs. the Conventional Healthcare Model on Patient Satisfaction,” 97% of patients of healthcare innovator MDVIP reported they are satisfied with the relationship they have with their doctor, and 95% said they are satisfied with the personalized approach to their health needs. This is in sharp contrast to only 58% of patients who have traditional primary care physicians.
The findings revealed that patients in MDVIP practices:
- Are more satisfied with the ability to reach their physician any time, during office hours, as well as nights, weekends and holidays.
- Appreciate the ability to get an appointment in 48 hours or less, shorter wait times and visits lasting from 30 to 90 minutes.
- Have higher loyalty than patients in traditional practices, reporting their intent to stay with the practice and the likelihood of recommending their doctor to others.
Founded in 2000, MDVIP is the country’s largest physician network, with over 800 affiliated primary care doctors who practice personalized preventive healthcare. In the MDVIP practice model, physicians partner with patients to keep them healthy and help them achieve their wellness goals. Members receive a comprehensive wellness program annually that includes diagnostic tests, screenings and interventions designed to identify risk, prevent events, encourage a healthy lifestyle and improve quality of life. This is in contrast to conventional practices where physicians barely have the time to focus on acute issues and mitigating complications of disease, let alone preventing disease in the first place.
“This annual patient satisfaction survey proves that patients in the MDVIP personalized healthcare model have consistently higher satisfaction levels than patients in conventional primary care practices,” said Dr. Andrea Klemes, MDVIP’s Chief Medical Officer. “This recent study complements our other published clinical data that shows better patient outcomes, lower hospitalizations and savings to the healthcare system. With ongoing changes in healthcare, more consumers are looking for better options to meet their medical needs. The thousands of testimonials we have from delighted patients support our unparalleled satisfaction scores, renewal rates and impressive outcomes, proving MDVIP is a desirable healthcare experience.”
The study was based on a 2012 survey of 16,271 members of MDVIP practices and compared the findings to a 2011 survey of 13,092 MDVIP members, as well as a group of conventional healthcare patients.
The study showed that patients in MDVIP practices were:
- Statistically significantly more satisfied with their physician relationships (97% in both 2011 and 2012 for MDVIP vs. 58% for conventional or CHC) and were more satisfied with their physician’s attention to what they had to say, explanation of their condition and the amount of time spent with them during their appointments, as compared to CHC patients.
- Satisfied with the personal approach to wellness (95-96% MDVIP vs. 69% CHC).
- Significantly more satisfied with their ability to schedule an appointment within 48 hours (85-87% MDVIP vs. 55% CHC), to reach their physician during office hours (90-91% MDVIP vs. 53% CHC) and after hours (71-74% MDVIP vs. 31% CHC).
- Sitting in the waiting room less than 10 minutes (78-79% MDVIP vs. 41% CHC) and more satisfied with the wait time in the doctor’s office (94-95% MDVIP vs. 52% CHC).
- Receiving the best care possible (92-94% MDVIP vs. 68% CHC) and more confident in their doctor’s approach to their healthcare (79-80% MDVIP vs. 61% CHC).
- Inclined to continue with MDVIP, with 90% intending to renew, which corresponds with annual renewal rates over this time period.
The report can be viewed at: http://benthamopen.com/ABSTRACT/TOPHJ-8-1
About MDVIP, Inc.
MDVIP, Inc. is the national leader in affordable personalized healthcare offered by over 800 affiliated primary care physicians across the United States. These carefully chosen MDVIP-affiliated physicians limit the size of their practices in order to provide each patient with a comprehensive preventive care program with more time and attention, which includes a customized wellness plan. With prevention at the center of its program, MDVIP has proven that its affiliated physicians offer excellent care and achieve impressive patient outcomes. Published results include lower hospitalization rates, which yield significant cost savings to patients, employers, insurers and the healthcare system. MDVIP, Inc. was founded in 2000 and is headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida. For more information, visit www.MDVIP.com, www.facebook.com/MDVIP, @mdvip on Twitter or http://www.mdvip.com/press.
Nancy Udell, 561-310-5455
Deborah Kohan, 212-593-5885