My Philosophy and Approach to Wellness...I am honored to be a third-generation Florida physician. My grandfather and father inspired me to practice as a patient- oriented physician. A long tradition of house calls and personal care seem to be genetic. As a board-certified Internist, MDVIP is enabling me to focus on prevention and provide the highly personalized attention and service you deserve. My wife Barbara Raborn, ARNP-BC, Adult Care, practices with me, so our office has a warm family atomosphere and reflects my philosophy of making every patient our number one priority.
Membership in my MDVIP-affiliated practice, similar to a concierge practice, includes an annual wellness program that provides comprehensive holistic care. I practice primary care internal medicine with particular expertise and interest in cardiovascular health, preventive medicine, nutrition, comprehensive holistic health and challenging medical problems.
I am an attending physician at Bethesda Hospital East and Bethesda Hospital West. It is my belief that is it imperative for a patient to be seen by their own private doctor during hospitalization. My primary care practice serves patients in greater South Palm Beach County, from Boca Raton to Lake Worth, including Delray Beach, Gulfstream, Highland Beach, Manalapan, Ocean Ridge, Boynton Beach and Lantana.
- Emory University
- Atlanta, GA
- Bachelor of Science, Biology 1972
- Medical School
- Universidad Autonoma
- Guadalajara, Mexico
- Doctorate of Medicine 1977
- New York Medical College, St. Josephs Hospital
- Stamford, CT
- Fifth Pathway Internship 1977-1978
- Tulane University
- New Orleans, LA
- Internal Medicine 1978-1981
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society of Internal Medicine
- Christian Medical and Dental Society
- Florida Medical Association
- Palm Beach County Medical Society
- American College of Physicians
Professional Affiliations and Appointments
- Bethesda Memorial Hospital
- - Chairman, Department of Medicine 2000-2001
- - President, Medical Staff 2005-2007
- - Past Director, Eating Disorders Unit
- - Hyperbaric Physician
- University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Voluntary Assistant Professor of Medicine 2007-2010
- Volunteer Medical Director, Caridad Center, Boynton Beach, FL
Honors and Awards
- Humanitarian Physician of the Year, South Florida 1998
- Paul Harris Fellow
- ACP Florida Community-Based Teaching Award 2009
- Past President, Rotary Club, Delray Beach, FL 1997-1998
CertificationsAmerican Board of Internal Medicine
I love MDVIP
There has always been great comfort to know that my need to contact Dr. Dr.Raborn is always available. I feel very blessed by his...
Richard Raborn is not only my internist but a very good friend. I have known him for over 25 years. Most important is my trust i...