My Philosophy and Approach to Wellness...I have been a physician specializing in internal medicine and primary care for over 20 years. I am committed to providing a superior level of personalized care, focused on prevention of disease, rather than waiting to treat it. This proactive approach is not possible in so many medical practices today.
When a patient joins my MDVIP-affiliated practice, often compared to a concierge medical practice, he/she becomes part of my healthcare family. I am available to patients whenever they need me, and appointments will never be rushed. By having a smaller practice size, I am able to spend quality time with each patient and provide many more services, including extensive screenings and blood tests.
I have admitting privileges at Unity Park Ridge Hospital and Rochester General Hospital, which are a part of the Rochester Regional Health System (RRHS). In the event you require hospitalization, I will be at your bedside directing your care as your hospitalist. I am your doctor in the office and in the hospital.
My practice is located in Greece, New York near route 104 and interstate 390 and serves the greater Rochester area with convenient access from Brockport, Gates, Spencerport, Chili, Hamlin and Hilton, as well as the eastern suburbs, like Henrietta, Brighton and Irondequoit.
In addition to general primary care, I specialize in many areas, including diabetes, cardiovascular disease, asthma, COPD, hyperlipidemia (cholesterol) and hypertension (blood pressure). As a private doctor, I always strive to prevent and control disease so you can enjoy the best quality of life possible.
I am also an active part of the Italian-American community in Rochester and care for many patients who are more comfortable speaking Italian. As a Rochester resident for many decades, I welcome the opportunity to better the health of my hometown family.
- Clarkson University
- Potsdam, NY
- Bachelor of Science, Psychology 1973
- Syracuse University
- Syracuse, NY
- Master of Science, Psychology 1975
- Medical School
- Universita di Padova
- Padova, Italy
- Doctorate of Medicine, Dentistry and Surgery 1991
- St. Vincent Medical Center
- Staten Island, NY
- Mary Imogene Bassett Hospital
- Cooperstown, NY
- Internal Medicine 1992-1995
- New York
- European Union
Professional Society Memberships
- Fellow, American College of Physicians
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American Medical Association
- Medical Society of the State of New York
- Monroe County Medical Society
Professional Affiliations and Appointments
- Clinical Guidelines Committee, Greater Rochester Independent Practice Association 2003-present
- Member, Greater Rochester Independent Practice Association 2003-present
- Primary Care Council, Rochester General Hospital 2000-present
- Unity Health System
- - Member, Cancer Committee 1997-present
- - Member, Critical Care Committee 1997-present
- - Member, Tumor Conference 1997-present
- Preceptor, Medical School Residency Program, University of Rochester 1997-2004 and 2013-2015
- Preceptor, Internal Medicine Residency Program, Unity Health System, Department of Medicine 2000-2013
- Unity Health System
- Rochester General Hospital
Honors and Awards
- Man of the Year in Medicine, Italian American Community Center 2012
- Community Excellence Award for Teaching, Unity Health System 2011-2012
- Recognition for Delivery of Quality Cardiovascular and Stroke Care
- - American Stroke Association 2005-2008
- - American Heart Association 2005-2008
- - American Committee for Quality Assurance 2005-2008
- Teaching Award, Internal Medicine Residency Program, Unity Health System 2007
I have been a patient of Dr. Ragusa's for over 25 years. He is the first Doctor that I have ever had that I have a connection wit...
Dr Ragusa has been my PCP for many years. He has seen me through numerous health issues and every single time I was hospitalized h...
We have been going to Dr. Ragusa for many years and he has always been professional and attentive. I can not give him any higher g...