My Philosophy and Approach to Wellness...In my practice, patients are my number one priority. I personally make sure that all of their needs are met. The MDVIP model of care allows me to accomplish this goal with ease. I am a firm believer in the statement; excellent leaders lead by example. I will not ask my patients to set goals that I don't already adhere to. Nutrition and exercise are important to me, and I also make it an important part of my patients' lives.
I speak several languages and am very comfortable with cultural diversity/unity of humanity, and I can explain medical jargon in terms that my patients understand. I enjoy the role of being my patients' healthcare "quarterback", and I don't like to lose.
- Santa Clara University
- Santa Clara, CA
- Bachelor of Science, Chemistry 1981
- Medical School
- University of Southern California School of Medicine
- Los Angles, CA
- Doctorate of Medicine 1986
- Santa Clara Valley Medical Center
- San Jose, CA
- Stanford University Medical Center
- San Jose, CA
- Family Practice Residency 1988-1990
- Co-Chief Resident, Family Practice Residency 1990
- Good Samaritan Hospital
Professional Affiliations and Appointments
- President, Rai Research Associates, Los Gatos, CA 2009-present
- Adjunct Assistant Professor of Medicine, Stanford University & USC 1993-present
- Department Chair, Family Practice Division, San Jose Medical Group, Good Samaritan Medical Group, San Jose, CA 1992-2000
- Volunteer Physician, Beas Eye Camp, Punjab India 1990
- Member, Santa Clara County Medical Association
- Served as Principal Investigator on the following trials:
- Peniciclovir vs. Placeblo study of the effect of early treatment on the development of oral herpes labialis 1997
- Valtrex 500 BID vs. Placebo as a three-day treatment course for recurrent genital herpes in immunocompetent patients 1997
- Herpes Vaccine study in healthy adult HSV seronegative subjects 1997
- Lobucavir in Genital Herpes treatment 1998
- ISAAC for Social Phobia with Paroxetine 1999
- IMPACT for Migraine Headaches with Imitrex 1999
- Valtrex vs. Placebo for HSV 1 1999
- Jupiter Trial for primary coronary artery disease prevention 2003-2008
- Biking, running, cooking, gardening, home improvements, car restorations, repairs of all kinds
CertificationsAmerican Board of Family Practice
Dr Rai and his MDVIP wellness plan have given my wife and me guidance to a healthier life style. Our lives are more balanced and w...
Dr. Rai is like family. He has genuine concern for our health and well being and makes it known that he is always available for us...
Kuljeet or Dr Rai is more than a doctor he is my friend and has helped me in other areas with confidence it matters that affect my...
Dr. Rai has been my physician for well over 10 years. I was with him prior to him joining MDVIP. I always thought very highly of...