My Philosophy and Approach to Wellness...
I like to know my patients at a deeper level, relating to them as both their physician as well as a trusted friend. This unique relationship allows me to listen, teach, encourage and guide my patients through the complexities of medicine and their personal healthcare needs.
I integrate compassion, integrity and at times devilish humor into my practice and my patients can expect to find thorough and superior health care blended with a relaxed and custom-tailored wellness approach to medicine. It's my goal that this personalized relationship and comprehensive approach to my patients' medical care will help them achieve their optimal health.
- Washington State University
- Pullman, WA
- Bachelor of Science 1991
- Medical School
- University of Nevada Reno School of Medicine
- Reno, NV
- Doctorate of Medicine 1995
- University of Nevada Reno Family Practice Residency Program
- Reno, NV
- Family Practice 1995-1998
- Resident of the Year Award 1997, 1998
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- Nevada State Medical Association
- Nevada Academy of Family Practice
Professional Affiliations and Appointments
- Affiliate Clinical Faculty, University of Nevada School of Medicine 1998-present
- St. Mary's Regional Medical Center
- Renown Regional Medical Center
Honors and Awards
- Resident of the Year 1997, 1998
- Patient’s Choice Award 2008, 2009, 2010
- Compassionate Doctor Recognition 2010-2011
- All aspects of Family Medicine including the care of children and adults in an outpatient setting. Active in sports including racquetball, waterskiing, and hiking in the Sierras. Married and enjoys regularly tormenting his two wonderful children.
- American Board of Family Medicine
- Basic Cardiac Life Support
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
Dr Smith is a great guy and a super doctor. I would recommend him to anyone. Thanks for all your help Dr, Smith
Dr. Smith is a great guy and a super sharp doctor. I would recommend him to anyone. Thanks for all your help Dr.Smith
Dr Paul Smith has been my primary care doctor for many years. I have complete confidence in the care I receive from him. He is tho...
I have a chronic issue that past physicians made me feel was all in my head or that I should just live with it. Dr. Paul R. Smith...