A Day in the Life of an MDVIP Affiliate
Imagine What Your Day Could Be Like in a Smaller Practice
If you didn’t have to operate under the constraints of a volume-based primary care practice, your work day might mirror a typical office day for an MDVIP-affiliated physician that looks like this:
- You’re able to see 8-10 patients a day and proactively impact their overall well-being and quality of life, allowing time for follow ups and treatment advice.
- Appointments run on time, your patients don’t have to wait and you’re not rushing between exam rooms.
- Each patient gets your undivided attention and the appropriate amount of time so you can help them reduce or prevent the risk of disease and complications.
- You have more time to perform annual physical exams, so you can delve a little deeper, thoroughly explain results, and make specific nutrition, fitness and other lifestyle recommendations important for behavior change.
- You have more time to coach patients on lifestyle modifications that can lead to better chronic care management.
- Not only can you stay on top of medical advances, but you also have time to incorporate them into your treatment plans.
- You have time in your day for professional interests, researching challenging cases and consulting with physician colleagues.
WHAT PHYSICIANS ARE SAYING
It's really helped me be a better doctor.
Mary Jane Dylla, MD | Saint Helena, CA
I thought I was the best doctor. I thought I had great relationships with my patients. Boy, the relationships have changed. I worked really, really, hard prior to becoming an MDVIP physician. Seeing 25 to 30 patients a day and trying to stay on time. I really did. I prepared a lot. Those little short appointments, you do not get to know your patients. The emotional bond now between my patients… I've learned so much about my patients that I thought I knew and I didn't. It's really helped me be a better doctor.